Monday, February 1, 2010

Brownies

3/4 cup all purpose flour mix*
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
5 tablespoons of cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon xanthun gum
1/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup extra light olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup water

Mix the dry ingredients together- flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and xanthun gum.  Add the wet ingredients--the pumpkin, oil, extract and water.  Blend until well mixed.

Greasea  8x8 pan and spread the batter in the pan.  It will be thick.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. 

*All purpose flour mix:  3 cups white rice flour, 3 cups brown rice flour (I use Authentic Brand here), 2 cups of potato starch, 1 cup of tapioca starch

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gluten free kid chef. This recipe works great with all my food allergies. So I can't wait to try it. I love brownies :)
    I'm glad you're posting recipes. Because I need more ideas for yummy food. I run out of ideas with all my allergies. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete